Thursday, November 09, 2006

Some Links on Nepali Politics

Tuesday's 'historical' agreement could not make me much optimistic. I had that over-the-moon feeling immediately after April uprising. But, the illusion soon got shattered as the leaders retraced back to their bickering on trivial issues.

The crux of the problem now is the implementation. Newslookmag has rightly pointed out this fact.

Immediately after the April Uprising, I wrote a profile on Prime Minister GP Koirala for UWB. I think it is still relevant.

It may look like a digression but I have some links you may enjoy.

Here's a link to a moving piece on Kiran Desai by Indian blogger Jai Arjun Singh. Few days ago, I attended a book discussion on Desai's Man Booker Prize winning novel Inheritance of Loss. Nepali author Manjushree Thapa almost played the role of Nepali Kiran Desai. Portrayal of Nepali characters in the novel and the Kalimpong setting were the most debated topics. It was an enlightening discussion organized by FinePrint Book Club.

Check my posts on Samrat Upadhyay and Ravi Thapaliya.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked the picture on our right hand side than this article..new n nice foto.by the way, tell us sth about ur foto session experience,Deeak g!

Deepak Adhikari said...

Oh really, Rosha? Thanks but no thanks!